It's so hard to believe Caleb's only been with us for a little over a month... Pregnancy and everything pre-baby seems so far away now!
On the other hand, this time has flown by, and every morning I'm amazed to wake up (around 3:30am, for the record) and see that my boy's grown a little bit bigger.
I'm working on a proper "birth story," but I have this to say about labor and birth: It was amazing. It was definitely difficult, and I wouldn't call it pleasant, but for all of the pain and discomfort, there was such a sense of anticipation and excitement, knowing I was going to be meeting my baby soon. I do remember saying while in labor that I wasn't going to do it again, no more babies for us, but it's amazing how quickly you forget... Looking back, it doesn't really seem so bad. And not to be cliche, but it is SO worth it.
We're so lucky to have such a sweet, easy-going boy. He'll be five weeks tomorrow, and he's already made road trips to the beach and home to Baltimore. He's such a trooper whenever we go out, loves to take walks, and has been smiling since day one. He eats like a champ- at his two week check-up, he was 10lb 9oz! We're so in love with our little man... He's absolutely perfect. I love that he looks just like his Daddy.
More to come... Just wanted to check in with a little update. I'm definitely not getting as much computer time these days... It's so hard to put the kid down!

No comments:
Post a Comment